Saturday, March 6, 2010

Run in the Sun

Today was a day I was dreading. I didn't want to wake up because I knew what lay ahead of me. An 18 mile run. 3 hours of running. Sweating. Tired legs. Aching hips. A sore toe...and the list could go on. But lets just stop the complaining right there. Here's how the day went.
  • woke up at 6:00am ...ignored the clock and went back to sleep
  • woke up at 6:10am ....ignored the clock and went back to sleep
  • this pattern continues until 7:30am
  • 8:00am headed out the door for the run
  • realized I didn't eat and probably am going to be in trouble for that
  • ran till I met chelsey about 1 mile out of Okotoks
  • running on the way back home ...mile 13 it was getting hard
  • mile 14 legs were starting to cramp
  • realized my error in not hydrating properly and eating prior to run
  • mile 15 disliked my Daughter danielle for getting me into this
  • mile 16 starting to really slow down and having to play head games
  • mile 17 can see the end and it is soooo hard to keep running
  • mile 18 had to add a loop in the neighborhood because I think I may be short distance
  • finished
  • hobbled to the bath
  • soaked
  • slept
  • ate
Now here is the crazy thing. You would think I would be soooo tired that I just can't get anything done. Not the case. I have polished the appliances, vacumed the house, washed the floors and getting ready to do the toilets. I have so much energy and motivation to get stuff done. I was happy to send Allan and Mackensie out so I would not be disturbed. Isn't this crazy?I wonder if I will crash tonight. Lets hope so. Or maybe I should go out to a movie. hmmm.

4 comments:

Xaque said...

are you human?

Xaque said...

haha..this is danielle.

Chelsey said...

Freak.

I only ran 10 miles and I am crashing - hard.

Lorraine said...

You are amazing.